Saturday, March 28, 2015

Sweet Potato Fries

It used to be that you could only find sweet potatoes in the fall and winter, but know you can find them year round in most super markets! I love sweet potatoes! Just don't give them to me with marshmallows on top, for some reason that flavor doesn't appeal to me. At Thanksgiving if we are at someone else'  house I just wait patiently for some child to serve themselves the marshmallows on top, then I will swoop in and take the sweet potatoes left behind. To me it's a win-win situation!
Today I am sharing my sweet potato fry recipe, this uses more savory spices, and compliments the sweetness of the potatoes.

Baked Sweet Potato Fries
About 2 lbs. sweet potatoes
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/8 teaspoon ground Black Pepper
1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/8 teaspoon Onion Powder
1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika


Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a large baking dish with oil.  Cut sweet potatoes into fries. I like mine a bit bigger than 1/4" thick. It is your choice on to peel or not. In a plastic bag combine oil and spices. and squish it around to mix well. Add potatoes to bag then squish and jiggle bag until fries are well coated. Spread fries on baking sheet, trying not to let them touch. Bake for 20 minutes or until fries are browned and tender, turning once at about the half way point.






Sometimes, I like to dip mine in a cinnamon honey butter, here is my recipe.





Cinnamon Honey Butter
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Melt together and stir. Recipe can be double easily. It is also great with a little vanilla added.

No comments:

Post a Comment