Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pinterest Cafe Rio Recipe Review

Hi Everyone!
If you haven't noticed yet, I love to cook! If you live in Utah you most possibly are acquainted with the restaurant Café Rio. I crave their food, and since I live 1500 miles away from Utah, I have to make my own. I looked to Pinterest for copycat recipes; and here is what I tried and my opinion of them!
Burrito | Cafe Rio Mexican Grill
First for the chicken I found the recipe here...
http://www.mandysrecipeboxblog.com/2011/04/cafe-rio-chicken.html  I use part breast and part thighs. The chicken was very good, a little dry, next time I will marinate it and that should take care of the dryness. It was even better the next day! This is a recipe I will definitely do again!

For the beans, rice and dressing I used the recipes found here...
http://www.clarkscondensed.com/diy/cafe-rio-copycat-recipes/  The Cilantro Rice was amazing, I could have eaten it plain. I won't do anything to change the recipe.  The Cilantro Lime dressing was also really good. It made quite a lot and I have had it on several salads since. Since there is only the two of us next time I will cute it in half. I still have half of a quart jar left. The Black Bean recipe was a little disappointing. I think I will tweak with this recipe a bit before I serve it to others. It was good, just not as good as I would have liked!

The Clarks Condensed blog where I found the main recipe is great, it also has a copycat recipe for the Sweet pork, which I haven't tried yet. What is a nice perk, she has the recipes sized for a family or for a crowd...very convenient if we want to have a Café Rio party in Illinois!

No comments:

Post a Comment