Monday, January 18, 2016


Slow Cooker Rustic Tortellini Soup

I I have been out of commission for several months with major surgery, then out of town to visit the family, when we returned home...we brought back the flu with us. Which for me turned into pneumonia. I am just beginning to regain my strength. Yesterday it was very cold here in Central Illinois so I wanted something tasty and hardy to eat. This is one of my old stand-byes. Super easy to make and warms you up well! I served it with crusty sourdough bread and it was a perfect end to the day. I hope you enjoy this one!


Slow Cooker Rustic Tortellini Soup
1 lb. Italian Sausage or groaned beef, browned
2 cups chicken broth
1 can stewed tomatoes (I like to chop mine up a bit)
1 can Progresso Minestrone soup
1 tsp. Italian seasonings, to taste
1/2 tsp. minced garlic, to taste
1 package Tortellini (It comes in many different sizes, so give or take 10 oz. works great)

Add all ingredients except Tortellini to slow cooker. Heat 2 hours or longer on low. Add Tortellini and cook 20-30 minutes until done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment