Thursday, May 14, 2015

Super Bubbles

I  love bubbles, I always have! As I grew older, the bubbles got bigger, and bigger! Many, both kids and adults ask for my bubble solution recipe, so here it is.

  Caroline's Super Bubbles

1 gallon water ( I use distilled)
1 Cup Original Dawn Dish soap
1/2 Cup Corn Syrup OR
      4  Tablespoon glycerin
4 ounces KY Jelly (I use store brand)
Remove 2 cups of water from the gallon and heat, add KY jelly, stir until well mixed. Add water/jelly mixture back into gallon. add dish soap and corn syrup. Stir gently to mix.  I let my bubble mixture set overnight or longer. Stir gently again before using.

Tips: Give little kids fly swatters to use as bubble wands, they can make lots of bubbles just by waving the flyswatter around.

Do not get dirt or other contaminates in the bubbles. I usually have a bucket for me and one for kids to use.

Kids love to pop bubbles, they will try to pop them before they are totally formed, so I draw a line and they aren't allowed to cross it, that gives me time to close off the bubble before they pop it!

Add food coloring to your bubble solution for prettier bubbles.

Humid air makes longer lasting bubbles. If you live in a dry climate try doing them first thing in the morning or next to a body of water.

If you don't like kids...don't do this in public, because kids will come running when they see bubbles!

No comments:

Post a Comment